It means when you see me you say it.
This wall WILL go down! …
- Islamophobic: their Koran permits them to beat their wives...
- Me: Yes it does but could you tell me what with?
- Islamophobic: ...
- Me: A blade of grass, I don't know the last time you tried to beat someone with a blade of grass but it is pretty damn impossible, you must look at the people the Qur'an was revealed to, the Arabs at that time (just like most of the world) would beat their wives brutally. To tell them they couldn't beat their wives would have caused rebellion, so Allah (swt) being the greatest of planners, revealed it in a way that was so clever. It permitted them to beat their wives (as not to cause rebellion) however only with a blade of grass (which we all know to be impossible). Then the most beautiful line came saying but surely it is better for you to forgive, do you see now that the Qur'an does not permit the brutal beating of wives which in that time would have saved the lives of many women. Also I suggest you look at the rights of a wife over her husband, then tell me my religion is sexist.
- I can't believe this is still getting loads of notes, this has to be my most successful post ever.
Dedh Ishqiya (2014)
Photos from the Olive Harvest in Palestine by Hamdi Abu Rahma.The olive harvest in Palestine is expected to yield only half the amount of olive oil as usual this year, an expert told Ma’an Sunday.
Faris al-Jabi, who chairs the Palestinian National Center for Research and Agricultural Development, told Ma’an that the 2014 olive harvest would not exceed 15,000 tons of olive oil.
In good years, Palestine produces 30,000-32,000 tons of olive oil, but production is expected to decline this year, especially in the Salfit, Ramallah, Tulkarem, and Qalqiliya districts, al-Jabi said.
In Salfit and Ramallah, olive oil production is expected to decline to 30 percent of the annual average.
As a result, the price of fresh olive oil is expected to rise to 23-25 shekels (around $6.50) per kilo.
The olive industry supports the livelihoods of roughly 80,000 families in the occupied West Bank.
- White Co-Worker: That's not how you say it.
- My Dad: But you knew what I meant so why do you have to make a big deal out of it.
- White Co-Worker: Aww come on man, it's funny, lighten up will yah Nestor?
- My Dad: You know I speak 5 languages, right? How many can you speak?
- White Co-Worker: Just English
- My Dad: Tell me something. What does a cow say?
- White Co-Worker: Moo?
- My Dad: That's right, the cows in my country say that too. You know why? They can only speak one language *walks away*
- White Co-Worker: *sheds white tears*
me talking to someone new: *finds subtle way to bring up palestine and israel to test the waters*
person: yeah I totally get what you mean all this hatred and violence is so unnecessary like why can’t they just share the land-
me: nope u fucked up bye
Response to the fatal police shooting of Vonderrit Myers
photochrom prints of jerusalem from 1890-1900.
2. damascus gate
3. jaffa gate
4. a suq in view of the tower of david
5. stone cutters.
6. a shoemaker waits for customers.
What does mashallah mean?
Hamida Al Taher (حميدة الطاهر) Writing and Signing the “Martyrdom” Document/Letter in Her Own Blood - (1968-1985)Hamida Al Taher was a member of The Arab Socialist Ba’ath Party of Syria who carried out a suicide attack in the South of Lebanon in November 1985 against a military camp shared by the Israeli Army and Israel’s Lebanese Ally Antoine Lahad Army. Her attack killed more than 50 Individuals, including a number of Israeli generals and soldiers.